You could call it blog envy but, envy is the wrong word. I too have a daily source providing me with endless blog material. I check Cameron's blog three times a week, even though I know that she now reports on a weekly basis. I check Cameron's blog so much that I don't write on my own. This is not me longing for Roan to be my son (though he is damned cute and much like his mother and father, whom I adore). Eva is my own personal extravaganza. Just this evening, at age 8 months and 5 days, I observed her laying on the bed (as I was getting pjs and bedtime books ready for the ritual), legs crossed, 'reading' a book and giggling all on her own. Of course moments like these can be boiled down to series of coincidences. But blogs are for bragging and telling stories, so here I will say without regret or embarrassment: my daughter is pretty cool and I have an inkling that she is a smarty.
maybe reading Cameron's blog a little more often than may be normal is a bit alarming, even to me. but, perhaps the real reason is (roan adventures aside): i miss my friend. there is nothing better than reading her blogs each week and imagining her voice and her expressions as she recites each word, during one of our old couch sessions in astoria. i saw cameron in december for an hour, after not having seen her for three years. it was a horrible tease and a great joy: our two families were together.

cameron, please don't stop writing. even when roan gets older, things become routine and he is no longer awed by the subway or terrified by pre-teen girls in uniforms in a fake supermarket; thousands of miles away, i will still miss you and need your voice.
1 comment:
PamCakes! I loved reading this post, and rediscovering your blog - you know I have had an old link on my site for a long time. I forget that people other than Ro's grandparents read this sometimes, it's so nice to know that you enjoy it. And I'm so happy to see you are blogging more often! Now I can look forward to weekly Pam / Eva / Max stories...
Post a Comment