On the night of Tuesday April 26th you woke up in the middle of the night for the first time in a sitting position. I considered this a milestone because you had gotten into a sitting position in your bed before. Who could have imagined that only a week after that tender moment of finding you sitting wimpering in your bed at 3am was merely the tip of the iceberg. Today is Friday May 6th. Since this past Tuesday, you have taken to standing and sitting in your bed rather than sleeping in it, at naptime and at bedtime. I have to admit that the first night was kind of endearing but when daddy and I could no longer even eat dinner at 9pm, the phenomenon quickly lost its luster.
Not only are you dealing with your new found ability to get into a standing, sitting, and all fours positions whenever you please, but your teeth seem also to finally be coming in. I say 'seem' because it seems like you've been teething forever. Every Italian woman who has borne children, with whom I have come into contact in the last 10 months, who sees you put your fingers in your mouth says, 'ahhh she is preparing her gums!.' Not so much. I have told Daddy several times that your teeth were coming, only to be spited by those non-existent chompers. He no longer believes anything I have to say regarding your teeth or lack thereof. What is different about this time than all the other times I thought your teeth were coming, is that I actually saw them, hovering beneath your gums while I gave you a bath yesterday. Two little hard white lines just waiting there occasionally scratching against your spoon when you eat; causing you pain and discomfort and making you the most miserable and sensitive version of yourself I have seen.
This too shall pass. You just fell asleep after crying for an hour and fifteen minutes. I tried to help you lay down and calm down. I gave you your blankie and you sucked on it for a millisecond only to rollover on your tummy and get up, over and over again. Maybe if I hadn't tried to 'help' you might have let yourself fall asleep faster.
Did I mention you also have a cold?
No comments:
Post a Comment