Last week you tried ice cream for the first time. the flavor was fior di latte, as directed by the doctor. It was sweet and milky and you liked it but you were shocked by its coldness. You have never eaten anything so cold. For about two weeks now I have been telling you about hot and cold. Obviously, given the safety hazards, you are more familiar with cold and lukewarm.
So your first ice cream is checked off the list. You also met your first bird. She is a pet of a friend and you stared at the cage intently, trying to put your hands in of course, but once she jumped from one bar to another you were no longer interested in putting your hands anywhere near the cage! You were scared. No more cute little birdie; heck, you didn't even want to walk past her after you figured out she was alive.
Grandma and Grandpa will be here in eleven days and I am so excited. If you were a bit older, I think you'd be excited too. Your first birthday too is coming (which is the occasion for their visit) and I can hardly believe that a year has passed since you came in to the world. It has been a year full of mostly ups, but months 4-6 were difficult since I was at work and you were constantly sick. Now, we are home together and I am glad for it. I have watched you grow and change and develop and I am so happy to have had the opportunity. I, like any parent, think that you are amazing. You personality is slowly trickling out of you, and the dam is soon to break. You learn new words everyday and your steps are becoming ever more sure. I'm not sure when you'll let go though, you seem to use our fingers for psychological support rather than physical support. You hardly need to hold them but when we try to take our fingers away, you immediately plop down on your bum. So we'll wait and you'll do it when you are ready. Milestones come and go so quickly, so I want you to depend on me as much as you want for whatever you want.
So the countdown begins...11 days to Grandma and Grandpa and your 1st birthday party.

So your first ice cream is checked off the list. You also met your first bird. She is a pet of a friend and you stared at the cage intently, trying to put your hands in of course, but once she jumped from one bar to another you were no longer interested in putting your hands anywhere near the cage! You were scared. No more cute little birdie; heck, you didn't even want to walk past her after you figured out she was alive.
Grandma and Grandpa will be here in eleven days and I am so excited. If you were a bit older, I think you'd be excited too. Your first birthday too is coming (which is the occasion for their visit) and I can hardly believe that a year has passed since you came in to the world. It has been a year full of mostly ups, but months 4-6 were difficult since I was at work and you were constantly sick. Now, we are home together and I am glad for it. I have watched you grow and change and develop and I am so happy to have had the opportunity. I, like any parent, think that you are amazing. You personality is slowly trickling out of you, and the dam is soon to break. You learn new words everyday and your steps are becoming ever more sure. I'm not sure when you'll let go though, you seem to use our fingers for psychological support rather than physical support. You hardly need to hold them but when we try to take our fingers away, you immediately plop down on your bum. So we'll wait and you'll do it when you are ready. Milestones come and go so quickly, so I want you to depend on me as much as you want for whatever you want.
So the countdown begins...11 days to Grandma and Grandpa and your 1st birthday party.
No comments:
Post a Comment